Tuesday

Did Adam Lambert Go to Far?

Mainstream America’s complaining that Adam Lambert got too sexual with his performance on the AMA’s (American Music Awards). You’ve got to be kidding. Are we living in the 50’s? What, he kissed a guy, pushed another’s head into his crotch, and got “jiggy.” Works for me.


But apparently not for the heartland. I read somewhere that network TV received upwards of 1,500+ complaints about the performance. That’s it? Shit, compared to the what, 14MM people who tuned in, seems like a tyranny of the minority in my book.

Mainstream America’s complaining that Adam Lambert got too sexual with his performance on the AMA’s (American Music Awards). You’ve got to be kidding. Are we living in the 50’s? What, he kissed a guy, pushed another’s head into his crotch, and got “jiggy.” Works for me.

However much I want to marginalize these culture mavens, I can’t. See, if only 1,500 puritanical souls can raise this much mayhem, we’ve got a problem.

It shocks me that ABC yanked Lambert’s morning show interview because of the tussle. I shouldn’t be. Those prudes pretty much make up the audience for that “news” show. And then there’s the network making an apology for the performance. Really? OK, I’ll take that as a cue to bone my bf in the street if I get that kind of attention.


It’s not like a “gay kiss” hasn’t happened before. Go back to 2003: Britney Spears, Madonna, and Christina Aguilera all French kissed on network TV. The result? A ratings spike that went through the roof. Plus, the group kiss was played ad infinitum during prime time and not a peep out of Pa and Ma Kettle. By contrast, the blurred out the face of the male partner with whom lambert was playing tonsil hockey with. WTF? Can someone say “Double Standard?”


In sum, it’s a crying shame that gay men can bring American and the networks to their knees. It’s even more saddening that such a small group of people can expedite such a corporate mea culpa. What can we do about it? A lot. Support Lambert. Buy his record. Email ABC your opinion. And, more importantly, be true to yourself.

Article Courtesy of: HisFirstGaySexBlog